Saturday 8 June 2013

9/06/2013

 
To help save some money I've started buying clothes and books from second hand stores. This has lead me to begin a Readers Digest collection of condensed stories. These books were first published in the 50s and to this day are still going strong. I just adore the look of old hard cover books; the illustrations, the wallpaper pattern covers, the fonts, the boarders.... honestly I could ramble on and on about how much I love these books!





















The story I'm reading at the moment is The Honey Flow by Australian author Kylie Tennant. Our protagonist Malee Herrick succumbs to the adventure and charm of becoming a migratory bee keeper, traveling through the rich eucalyptus forests in search of the perfect "strick" - a honey-yielding area of blossom.



In our front yard a large tree was dangerously over grown and had to be taken down, however, the root was never removed. It's now beginning to sprout leaf covered branches, slithering out of the ground like a snack trying to catch the warm sun.

Flowers and twigs with berry like buds that I really want to turn into head wreaths.













Bobby in front of her favourite mirror.

No comments:

Post a Comment