Sunday 17 March 2013

8/03/2013

 


Dear Blog,
 
My Canon 5D mark ii recently fell ill so in the meantime while it's under repair I'll be using my very first SLR, the 450D. Hope he isn't too grumpy with me for having not used him since the mark ii came on the scene...
 
It feels so strange exchanging my regular 50mm portrait lens for a much wider 18-55mm. Everything seems so gigantic and distorted, but it's nice having enough focal space to play with.
 
I spent some more time with Jarryd and Hannah, keeping her company while she recovered from the removal of her wisdom tooth. Hannah has developed quite an extensive collection of My Little Pony toys over the years, so as a treat Jarryd took her out to purchase a box of blind bag ponies.  I must admit I never realised how perfect my little pony figurines are for stacking.

My favourite one in the set was Barber Goosmby, he’s the only pony I’ve seen so far with both a
moustache and a bow tie! However the toy looks nothing like the jovial character on the card. I swear there is pure evil behind those eyes.
I’ve given him the nick name “Sweeny Todd Pony”.

We also went to a folk concert hosted at the co-op. They’re only held once every month but it is one of the most uplifting events I’ve ever attended. It’s a very friendly, chilled atmosphere with local musicians, gypsy music, fire twirling and organic food. I can’t wait for the next one!

Hope you are keeping well.
xox

 

 


 
 
 
 


"Sweeny Todd Pony"



 
 

 


 


James Fahy, one of the preformers for the evening. Incredibly nice guy with oodles of talent. Please check out his music: http://jamesfahy.bandcamp.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment