Sunday 4 November 2012

missing Queanbeyan

I visited Braidwood during last week and it made me miss Queanbeyan. I really enjoy the cozy simplicity of small towns. Everyone seems to be in close connection and the majority of people living there were really friendly and down to earth. My teacher often encourages our class to approach strangers on the street and take their photograph (I must admit being a bit shy myself I still find it a challege) so it makes for good practise going into an area where the people don't mind having their photograph taken and are eager to chat.

It's funny because with my fashion photographs a lot of the people I work with, our first meeting is usually on the day of the shoot. But I suppose the situation is different in the sence that we've spoken previously via emails and all share the same goal in that we want to create a visually appealing image that reflects well on all of our talents.
With strangers on the street you have to gain their trust on the spot. I guess the trick is to sympathise with the person your approaching. Not a lot of people enjoy having their photo taken, let alone by someone they've never met, so I've began to learn not to take it to heart when someone says "no thanks".

I am lucky that I get to meet a lot of strange and wonderful people on a daily basis. Weird people are the best kind of people!

No comments:

Post a Comment